The Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186) is for skilled workers who want to work in Australia. This visa involves a two-step process:
- Nomination by an approved Australian employer
- An application under the nominated stream.
It is part of the Permanent Employer Sponsored Visa program.
This visa is a permanent residence visa.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply. If you are in Australia, you must hold a substantive visa or a bridging visa A, B or C.
If you do not have an employer who will nominate you, you can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect. Prospective employers and state and territory governments can then view your details and decide if you can be nominated for skilled migration.
Your EOI must specify which stream you want to be considered for.
Following are three streams of this visa:
- The Temporary Residence Transition stream is for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for two years, while holding a subclass 457 visa, in the same occupation with their nominating employer. This must be an employer who has lodged a valid nomination with the immigration department under the Temporary Residence Transition stream, and who wants to offer the holder a permanent position in that occupation.
- The Direct Entry stream is for people who have been nominated by their employer under the Direct Entry stream. These are the people who have never, or only briefly, worked in Australia, or temporary residents who do not qualify for the Temporary Residence Transition stream
- The Agreement stream is for people sponsored by an employer through a labor agreement
Here are some of the basic requirements to get this visa:
- You have been nominated by an approved Australian employer within the six months before you apply
- You are under the age of 50 at the time of application, unless you are exempt
- You have the required skills and qualifications for the position at time of application for the position you have been nominated for - you must hold any mandatory registration, license or professional membership, or you must already be fully assessed as suitable by the relevant body
- You have the required skills and qualifications for the position
- You have appropriate English language skills (at the time of application lodgment), unless you are exempt
- You meet health and character requirements
- You meet the requirements of the stream in which you apply for the visa
This is a permanent residence visa. Upon the grant of this visa, you and your family members can:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia)
This visa involves heavy and exhaustive documentation due to its importance and popularity. It is therefore advisable to consult an experienced and expert immigration consultant like Aussizz. We at Aussizz undertake thorough assessment, consultations and visa process.
We not only work for employees, but also for employers. So, if you are an Australian business in search for a qualified offshore labor, Aussizz can help you in finding your perfect match along with successful visa formalities!
Get in touch with Aussizz right now and try us!