The Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190) is a permanent residence visa for points-test skilled workers who want to work and live in Australia after being nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency.
To be able to apply for this visa you need to submit an expression of interest and then be invited through SkillSelect to apply.
You can be in or outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted.
If you receive an invitation, you will have 60 days to apply online for the visa. During that time, you cannot change the information in your expression of interest.
Since this is a visa wherein nomination by a state or territory government is required, it is possible that a state or territory government can examine your expression of interest. This is to analyze whether you be granted this visa or not.
Each state and territory authorities have different criteria whom to nominate. They also have different processes for nominating expressions of interests. In some cases, authorities may contact you first and others may wait for you to contact them. Their websites have more information on this.
You can refer to each state or territory's list of occupations that guides the types of skills they are looking for.
In your expression of interest, you can indicate your interest in just one state or territory, or you can choose to be available to all of them. If you accept a nomination, the states and territories may require you to:
- Live in the nominating state or territory for a specified minimum time
- Tell the state or territory your address, both before and after you arrive in Australia
- Be prepared to complete surveys and providing other post-arrival information they ask for
- Meet any of their other requirements.
Points test mandates you to score at least 60 points against points test factors to be eligible to be invited to apply for this visa.
If you are invited to apply, you must achieve at least the score specified in your letter of invitation. Following are some of the major factors that are awarded points to making you eligible for the grant of this visa:
- English language ability which has two subsections: proficient English and superior English
- Skilled employment
- Australian study requirement
- Other factors include: credentialed community language, study in regional Australia, Partner skills, Professional year in Australia
These are the basic factors against which you earn specified points and that is the crucial part of granting of this visa.
When you are sent a letter of invitation, you must have:
- Nominated an occupation that is on the relevant skilled occupation list
- Obtained a suitable skills assessment for that occupation
- Not yet turned 50 years of age
- Achieved the score specified in your letter of invitation based on the factors in the points test
- At least competent English
- Been nominated by an Australian state or territory government agency
Other requirements include:
- Specific health requirements based on your personal circumstances, including your country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia.
- Specific character requirements with mandatory police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age
- You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted
You can include following people along with your application:
- Your partner (married or de facto)
- Your or your partner’s dependent children
- Other dependent relatives
You can also add your partner and dependent children to your application at any time until your visa is decided.
This is a very exhaustive visa as is seen from the requirements. Hence, it is very important that you refer to document checklist thoroughly and be prepared with all the required documents at the time of application.
Aussizz takes care of the processing of this visa thoroughly and professionally. We have our trained staff to guide you right from the assessment to the actual granting of the visa.
Get in touch and see how this exhaustive visa process can become a smooth ride!