A subclass 887 or the Skilled Regional visa is for people who have an eligible visa and have lived for at least two years and worked for at least one year in a specified regional or designated area. You must be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when the visa is granted.
Following are some of the basic requirements to be eligible to apply for this visa: You
- are in Australia
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
- Skilled Independent Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 495)
- Skilled Designated Area Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 496)
- Skilled Regional Sponsored visa (subclass 475 or 487) or
- Bridging visa A or Bridging visa B after applying for a subclass 495, 487 or 489 visa
- have lived in a specified regional area of Australia for at least two years
- have worked full time in a specified regional area for at least one year
- meet health and character requirements
You must have held one of the above mentioned visas for at least two years before applying for this visa, but they do not have to be the two years immediately before you apply.
You can include following people in your application for this visa:
- your partner (married or de facto)
- your or your partner's dependent children
- other dependent relatives
Processing of this visa requires you to provide documents that prove your claims that you made in the application. The documents to be provided are described in document checklist. It is very necessary to study this checklist thoroughly as some documents may take time to get obtained. And, it is necessary that when you are ready to file an application, you have all of them ready with you to avoid unnecessary delay.
Aussizz have extensive experience of all types of Australian visa proceedings. We have invested years of research and experience into this mission of ours. And, it is not just the visa processing that we care about. We are actually here to listen to all of your immigration aspirations, assess your possibilities and identify exact type of visa that lets you fulfill your aspirations.
This is a permanent residence visa. It lets you and any family members who have also been granted this visa to:
Get in touch with Aussizz right now and see what we can do for you!
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia)