According to Immigration New Zealand, a good student means the following:
- Good academic history.
- The gap after the period of study should not be more than 12 months (a year).
- IELTS score of at least 6.0, or evidence of having met the English language entry requirements for the course of study in New Zealand.
- Verifiable evidence of funds to meet the educational expenses.
- Regular source of sufficient income of financial guarantors.
- Intended course relevant to educational background or work experience.
- Clear health and character requirement.
If at all you possess all the qualities in the above criteria, you are counted in the "Positive Profile" by the Immigration New Zealand. Process of visa for the candidates who fall under this category becomes easy.