461 Visa to Permanent Residency for Australia | Aussizz Group

About Subclass 461

This visa allows a non-New Zealand family member of a New Zealand citizen to live and work in Australia for up to five years.

Basic requirements:

You might be able to get this visa if:

  • You are not a New Zealand citizen
  • You are an eligible family member of a New Zealand citizen
  • Your New Zealand citizen family member is living in Australia on a Special Category visa (subclass 444) or will be travelling with you to Australia and will be granted a Special Category visa (subclass 444) on arrival.

You must be related to the New Zealand citizen as either:

  • Their partner
  • Their (or their partner's) dependent child
  • The dependent child of their (or their partner's) dependent child

This visa allows you to:

  • Work and study in Australia
  • Travel to, enter and remain in Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted

One of the most important documents needed to submit with the application are the documents that establish your relationship with a New Zealand citizen. You need to provide certified copies of the documents. No need to provide original if not asked for, though police documents need to be original. If documents are not in English, they need to be accompanied by accredited English translations.

Their (or their partner's) relative who:

  • Does not have a partner
  • Usually lives in the New Zealand citizen's household
  • Is dependent on the New Zealand citizen
  • You must meet certain health requirements. The health examinations to be undertaken will depend on your personal circumstances, including your period of stay, country of citizenship, time spent in another country during the last five years and your intended activities in Australia. The results of your health examinations are generally valid for 12 months
  • You are responsible for all your health costs while you are in Australia. You will not be covered by Australia's national health scheme (Medicare) unless your country has a reciprocal health care agreement with Australia
  • You must meet certain character requirements. You will need to provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age.
  • You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before this visa can be granted.

Aussizz has great experience in dealing with this type of visas. We guide you throughout and help you submit an application with correct documents.

Give us a call right now, and our professionals would take that forward from thereon.