If you are looking for to reunite with your child who is in Australia, this subclass
143 visa of parent visa is for you. This is a permanent residence visa. You may
procure a permanent Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 143) if you
- Have a temporary Contributory Parent (Temporary) visa (subclass 173)
- Have a child who is: a) an Australian citizen, b) an Australian permanent resident
or c) an eligible New Zealand citizen
- A lawful resident in Australia for about two years (a shorter period can be considered
for Australian citizens if there are compelling and compassionate circumstances)
- Meet the balance-of-family test
- Have an accepted assurance of support
- Meet health and character requirements.
For this visa application, you are not exactly expected to be out of Australia.
You can apply for this visa even when you are in Australia. However, this can be
facilitated only if the temporary visa you have has this provision to allow you
to apply for another visa while still being in the country.
The nature of this visa is that of permanent residence. With this visa you can:
- Stay in Australia indefinitely
- Work and study in Australia
- Enroll in Medicare, Australia's scheme for health-related care and expenses
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if you are eligible)
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- Travel to and from Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted (after that time, you will need a resident return visa or another visa to return to Australia).
The visa application charge for this visa is paid in two installments:
- When you lodge the application
- When the department asks you to pay
It is only after the payment of the second installment ($43,600 for direct entry),
that this visa is granted.
The other costs associated with procurement of this visa include the costs of health
assessments and police certificates, or any other certificates or tests.
The most basic requirement of this visa is to have a child who has lived in Australia
lawfully for almost over two years and who is sponsoring you for this visa. The
fees of these Contributory Visas are higher than the other visas because many families
needed faster visa process and for that they were ready to pay higher costs. The
charges of these visas cannot be waived or reduced. Following are some basic requirements
to procure this visa:
- You may be required to have an assurance of support in the form of a bond
- Health requirements: Upon the demand of the Immigration department, you may go through
certain health examinations. These examinations are usually valid for 12 months
- Character requirements: This too needs to be met as specified by the department.
You must be prepared to provide a police certificate from each country you have
lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years
- Balance-of-family test: this is a test to measure your ties with Australia. In order
to meet this requirement, you must a) at least have half of your children live permanently
in Australia; b) more of your children live permanently in Australia than in any
Balance-of-family test is crucial to granting of this visa. It cannot be waived
even in compelling or exceptional circumstances. The department has specified the
definition of both these requirements depending upon the number of children.
It is important that you are able to provide accurate and exact documents to the
Immigration Department to substantiate the claims you have made in your application.
You must verify the document checklist to ensure that you have all the adequate
documents with you, as it is possible that some documents may take time to be obtained.
Hence, at the time of the application, you should keep them ready to keep away from
Visa processing is a laborious and detailed work. It is therefore better to consult
experienced, reliable, and authorized professional immigration agents like Aussizz.
We at Aussizz handle visa applications not only as any other paperwork, but we also
make prospective immigrants mentally and emotionally prepared to face another country
and culture with a bright smile!