Once the duration of your Post Study Open Search Visa is over you have to apply for a Post Study Employer Assisted Visa to extend your stay in New Zealand, which is valid up to 2 or 3 years for those having occupational registration.
- An identity proof
- A proof of good health
- A proof of character
- A New Zealand qualification or a degree that you have completed. (80% of the studies should be related to the job).
- An Employer Supplementary Form needs to be filled and submitted.
- An offer letter mentioning full-time work in your area of studies
- A work visa application within the stated time
- A bona-fide which shows that your intention of getting the visa is genuine
Process - The application can be processed via a paper submission or an online application, once you have completed your educational qualification in New Zealand and have acquired an offer of full-time employment in the same area of your studies.
Duration - Paper submission will take approximately 25 working days, while an online application will take approximately 20 working days.
Fees - A Paper application will cost approximately 318 NZD, while an online application will cost approximately 298 NZD.
- Police Clearance Certificate*
- Medical Certificate (optional)*
- New Zealand Educational qualification
- Employer supplementary form (INZ1113)
- Original Passport/ Scan copy for the online form (Valid up to 3 months)
- Offer letter from the Employer
Once the above formalities have been fulfilled, the application should be submitted with Immigration New Zealand.
* The Police Clearance Certificate should not be more than 6 months old. For those who are aged 17 or above and are planning to Stay in New Zealand for a duration of 24 months or more will require to provide Police Clearance Certificates-
(i) From the country(s) of citizenship.
(ii) From any country, where you have spent a duration of more than five years since turning 17.
*Medical Certificate should be provided along with a Chest X-ray. Chest X-ray is mandatory for those who will be residing in New Zealand for duration of 6 months or more.
Applies to those :-
(i) Who belong to a country that does not have a low occurrence of Tuberculosis.
(ii) Who have spent duration of 3 months or more in the past five years in a country that has a high occurrence of tuberculosis.