Study at Torrens or CDU
February 01, 2021

Study at Torrens or CDU: Become a Registered Nurse or Enrolled Nurse

Passionate to serve the community or masses? Do you want to work under the guidance of experts and surgeons?

Before taking up employment in a hospital or prison, you must opt for a nursing course that helps you shape a career in Australia.

If you are an international student, you can pursue a career as a Registered Nurse or Enrolled Nurse in Australia. At the same time, avail Permanent Residency.

Two of the prominent institutions, Torrens University and CDU (Charles Darwin University), offer several degree programs to international students.

Develop your clinical and practical skills on the campus. All the more study nursing in Australia makes you feel as though it is a hospital environment.

After graduation, you can register as a Registered Nurse with AHPRA (Australian Health Practitioners Agency). Opt for Diploma/Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Health Sciences (Aesthetics), or Master of Public Health.

Whereas at CDU, you get the opportunity to explore several nursing and midwifery degrees and courses. The prominent programs are Bachelor, Master of Nursing Practice or Nursing and health courses in Sydney.

Consider the Following Nursing Courses at Torrens & CDU

Torrens University

  • Bachelor of Nursing:
    International students who advocate in improving the lives of patients can become a Registered Nurse in Australia. At best, you can approach our education consultants and migration agents for education details, and the visa pathway helps you secure your dreams. However, they can work 3 years full-time or accelerated 2 years with part-time facilities available.

  • Diploma of Nursing:
    Those who want to become an EN (Enrolled Nurse) and advocate in improving patients’ lives can opt for Diploma in Nursing program. The duration of the course is 20 months.

  • English language proficiency test details:
    As an international student, you can apply for undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs.
    • For Undergraduate: 6.5 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System) with no band less than 6.

    • For Postgraduate: Prove Language proficiency by achieving an overall score of 6.5 (with no individual band score less than 6.5 and 7 in Speaking) in IELTS Academic or any other equivalent test approved by AHPRA.

    The same goes with PTE whereby an individual who wants to study nursing in Australia has to obtain 50 for an undergraduate, and it is 58 for a postgraduate program.

Charles Darwin University

  • Bachelor of Nursing:
    With the help of the degree, you can work as a registered nurse. You can study on campus with clinical skills training that will be available in several major cities.

  • Master of Nursing Practice (Pre-registration):
    You can become a nurse within two years. The master program is designed for individuals with non-nursing backgrounds and who are already undergraduate degree holders. It is suitable for those who want to change their careers.

  • Nursing and Health Courses in Sydney:
    You can explore undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Sydney. You can prefer to study online or on-campus with state-of-the-art clinical simulation.

How to Apply for an Australia Student Visa?

  • If you plan to study at Torrens or CDU, you need to choose a degree program from the list of degree programs
  • Check entry requirements of the program and application dates
  • You can apply online or consult our education consultants for guidance
  • Your application will be assessed based:
    1. Academic entry requirements
    2. Special entry requirements
    3. English language proficiency test details
    4. Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) criteria
  • You receive an offer from the university you enrolled in
  • You accept the offer
  • Apply for an Australia student visa
  • Enrolling in the University

Related ReadEngineering Management at Torrens: Everything You Need to Know


In a nutshell, you must develop nursing skills to work in Australia as a Registered Nurse or Enrolled Nurse and can avail a Permanent Residency. At the same time, you require the right training and scientific knowledge. For more details, you can interact with our team of Australia education consultants and migration agents now.

As Seen in Media

Featured Across

We are featured in almost every promianent media group for our customer-centric approach and solution-oriented services.