The New Zealand Citizen Family Relationship (Temporary) 461 visa allows those individuals to live in Australia who are:
- Not a New Zealand citizen
- Eligible Family Member of a New Zealand citizen who is living in Australia on a special category visa (subclass 444) or eligible to hold a special category visa (subclass 444) and travelling with you to Australia.
It is a temporary visa permitting a stay of up to 5 years in Australia. The applicant can be in or outside of Australia when lodging an application for this visa.
The 461 visa holders can:
- Work and study in Australia
- Travel to Australia for five years from the date visa is granted
To be eligible for this visa, you must be either:
- Partner of the New Zealand citizen
- Their or their partner’s child / dependent child / step child
You must have evidence of medical examinations undergone within 12 months of applying for the visa to fulfil the health requirements.
- You must also have police certificates from all the countries you lived in for 12 months in the past 10 years to fulfil the character requirements.
You must be covered for all the health costs by Australia’s national health scheme (Medicare).
You must be free from the outstanding debts to the Australian Government before the visa is granted.
If you found yourself eligible for this visa but unaware of the process to get started, call Aussizz Group to get assistance from the most knowledgeable and experienced team of registered immigration agents. From gathering required documentation to prepare a strong case for the Australian Immigration Department, we cover all the aspects of the visa application process diligently to make sure you receive no disappointments.