/ Migration / Australia Visitor Visa / Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462 and 417)

Work and Holiday Visa (Subclass 462 and 417)

Hip cafes and music, street art, tinnies and moon light movies…Is this Australia to you? Get real mate! You haven’t seen anything yet because Australia has loads to offer than one can ever imagine. Visit the land-down-under where adventure and laidback lifestyle rule.

If you aged between 18 and 30, getting a Work and Holiday Visa allow you to live and travel anywhere in Australia for one year and work for any job you like.

Causing a stir to apply for the visa? Then why not get started with Aussizz Group and grab the chance to get laidback in the outback.

Enquire Now

Work And Holiday Visa – An Overview

The Australian Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462) is a temporary visa for young people aged between 18 and 30 that allows to have an extended vacation in Australia supplemented by short-term employment for 12 months.

Work And Holiday Visa Allows You To:

  • Stay, leave and revisit Australia frequently for up to 12 months
  • Undertake an educational course that has duration of maximum 4 months
  • Work in Australia for up to six months with each employer
  • Apply for Second Work and Holiday Visa after working for three months in northern Australia for hospitality, agriculture, tourism, forestry and fishing industry


Key Requirements To Apply For First Working Holiday Visa

When applying for the first working holiday visa you must

  • Be a genuine visitor
  • Be outside of Australia when lodging an application
  • Be at least 18 and not turned 31 years of age
  • Hold a valid passport from the country eligible for the Work and Holiday Program of Australia
  • Meet Health, Character and the Education requirements
  • Have Functional English
  • Have letter of support if you are not an applicant from Israel, the People’s Republic of China and the United States of America.
  • Not have visited Australia on a Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417)
  • Not have a dependent child while living in Australia
  • Have enough money to support basic need and buy a return or onward travel ticket after the completion of your stay


Key Requirements To Apply For Second Work And Holiday Visa

  • Met all the conditions on first Work and Holiday visa
  • Not seized more than one Work and Holiday visa
  • Completed 3 months of specified subclass 462 work in northern Australia while on your first Work and Holiday visa
  • Not turned 31 years of age


Eligible Countries For Work And Holiday Visa

  • Argentina
  • Bangladesh
  • Chile
  • China, People’s Republic of
  • Hungary
  • Indonesia
  • Israel
  • Luxembourg
  • Malaysia
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • San Marino
  • Slovak Republic
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Thailand
  • Turkey
  • USA
  • Uruguay
  • Vietnam


Health & Character Requirements

  • Proof of health or health examinations
  • Police certificates from each country you lived in for 12 months in the last ten years (after you turned 16 years of age)


Education Requirements

The education requirements for this visa vary depending upon the passport you hold.

Functional English Requirements For A First Work And Holiday Visa

You must have evidence of either of the following tests to prove your functional English

  • Average IELTS band score of 4.5, achieved within the 12 months of visa application lodgement
  • Overall band score of minimum 30 in PTE Academic completed within 12 months of visa application lodgement
  • An overall score at least 147 in Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) test
  • A total band score of at least 32 in Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-Based Test (TOEFL iBT)
  • You must have also completed five years of higher secondary education at an English-medium educational institution


Health Insurance

The visa holders are accountable for all the health costs during the stay in Australia. Hence, it is mandatory to be covered by the Australia’s national health scheme unless your country has a reciprocal health agreement with Australia.

Compare & buy the best OVHC plan for 462 Visa on Getmypolicy.online


Eligible Family Members

You cannot bring dependent child on Work and Holiday Visa (subclass 462).

You can bring your partner or spouse with you, but he/she must apply for their own visa.

Debts To The Australian Government

You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government or have arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before the visa is granted.

Book a consultation with our migration expert today!

Visa Class

Aussizz is there for you if you want to visit Australia for any of these reasons or something other than these.

Read More

Client Testimonials
More Videos