The new student guardian visa (subclass 590) is created for the legal custodian or relative to accompany the visa holders if they are under 18 years of age.
- Fundamental Requirements:
The applicant for this visa needs to have a genuine intention to provide support and general welfare for the international student. Moreover, the applicant should either be a parent, a person with custody of the student or a relative over 21 years of age who has been nominated in writing by a parent. It is not allowed to bring family member younger than 6 years of age except under certain conditions.
- Financial Criteria:
It is required to provide evidence of funds to show that the applicant has enough money to pay for their living expenses, education costs and expedition of the family member accompanying for the duration of the course, Also, the person should not owe any money to the Australian government.
- Health Insurance:
The applicants of Students guardians should also have to provide the evidence of enough health insurance for the entire period of stay in Australia. It can be a health insurance product from Australia or the home country or Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC).
- Legal Identity and Relationship Documents:
Students guardians should have identity documents readily available along with the proof of the relation with the student.
Genuine Temporary Entrant Requirement:
In order to meet the terms of Genuine Temporary Entrant Requirement, the department will consider your personal conditions in your home country, your immigration history and everything related to your plan to stay in Australia.
- You are not supposed to do work
- You cannot study for more than three months.
- You should maintain your approved overseas visitor health cover.
- You are not allowed to apply for any other Australian Visa
- Brother or sister
- You must engage in Australia’s Obligations under the 1951 UN convention.
- You cannot leave Australia without taking the nominating student with you and notifying the department that you have made appropriate arrangement for the student.
Since its foundation in 2009, Aussizz Group has successfully helped thousands of students fulfil their goals and ambitions of studying in Australia. Whether it is admission guidance, career counselling and visa assistance, our expert immigration and education consultants always serve the requirements of students in the most efficient manner.
Contact us today to get started with the evaluation of your eligibility!