Employer sponsored visa works two-way. It allows the Australian employers in shortage
of skilled labor to sponsor specific skilled labor to serve their business needs.
And, it also allows any kind of skilled labor of a foreign country to explore their
employment options with Australian employers, in case they may need their skills.
Aussizz facilitates visa processing for both of these two. There are almost nine
types of visas if you want to work with your prospective employer. However, it is
Standard Business Visas under Employer sponsored category which is more important
and popular with both employers and employees.
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
- Temporary Work (Long Stay Activity) visa (subclass 401)
- Training and Research visa (subclass 402)
- Super yacht Crew visa (subclass 488)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)
- Special Program visa (subclass 416) for the Seasonal Worker Program
- Temporary Work (Entertainment) visa (subclass 420)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
- State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner visa (subclass 892)
- State/Territory Sponsored Investor visa (subclass 893)
It is very important for both employers and employees to have a clear understanding
of these laws and regulations in order to make their applications successful. A
slight error there and you lose precious time and money. Even after the visa is
granted there are lot of obligations that employers and employees has to follow.
If you hold 457 visa then you can only work with the employer who has sponsored
you. It is the condition of this visa.
In order to apply for this visa, you must have an Australian employer sponsoring
your visa application and processing. However, the Department of Immigration and
Border Protection has set certain conditions for Australian employers to be eligible
to sponsor such skilled labor. Before you can apply for the visa, your employer
- Become an approved sponsor
- Nominate you for a position.
You can apply for this visa at the same time your employer lodges their applications
to sponsor and nominate the position.
- Work in Australia for up to four years
- Bring your family to work or study in Australia
- Travel in and out of Australia as often as you want
Since the purpose of this visa is to address the shortage of skilled labor that
Australian employers may face in their business operations, its rules and requirements
keep changing as per the need of the Australian business and industry.
At Aussizz we keep a close eye on each of this change that is reflected in what is
called legislative instruments. It is very important that if you want to apply for
this visa, you should those changes, especially the one related to the position
The Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List which has the list of occupations which
are eligible for visa application under Subclass 457.
English language tests, scores and exemptions: In this list, you can get the information
regarding the tests and scores needed to demonstrate English language proficiency
for subclass 457 applicants. It also lists out the occupations and salary levels
where you are not expected to show your English language proficiency skills.
These instruments also list out basic requirements for the employers such as training
benchmarks, market salary rates etc.
It is for this reason that MARA-registered agents like Aussizz can be of great help.
Get in touch with usand see for yourself how we can help you reach out to your exact desired destination.