The Australian Skilled – Nominated Visa (subclass 190) is for skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory. The visa allows to live & work in Australia permanently and include certain family members in the application.
If you are an overseas worker looking to apply for this visa, you need to first submit an Expression of Interest through Skill Select. You are required to score at least 60 points in total, including 5 points from state, on the points test to be eligible for this visa.
To score 60 points in Expression of Interest, you must:
- Nominate an occupation that is listed on the state’s Nominated Occupation List.
- Be under 45 years at the time of nomination.
- Commit to live in the state that nominated you for 2 years from the date of your arrival
- Have a positive General Skilled Migration skills assessment from the relevant authority.
- Have Competent English (IELTS 6 in each band)
- Meet the health and character requirements.
Each state maintains a list of occupations in demand as part of their State Migration Plan. They may also have additional requirements that you are required to meet to be eligible to apply for subclass 190 visa.
Let’s take a look at each of them!
- South Australia Nomination Occupation List :
- Applicants can apply for occupations listed as ‘Available’ or ‘Low Availability’ on the State Nominated Occupation List. Each occupation listed has a planning level which should be reached; the occupation will then be listed as "Special Conditions Apply”. To apply for these occupations, you must meet the requirements listed under Special conditions apply & Supplementary skilled list
One must also have:
- at least one year of skilled work experience (at least 20 hours per week of paid employment) in the past three years (or more in case of higher work experience requirement).
- Evidence for the amount of work experience, if additional work experience is listed for your occupation.
- Sufficient fund to settle in Australia. For South Australia, you should have $20,000 to $40.000 cash depending on the number of dependants on your application.
- the Occupation available for direct application without any special condition.
- Canberra ACT Nomination Occupation List http://www.canberrayourfuture.com.au/portal/migrating/article/act-occupation-list/
- If your occupation is ‘closed’ on the ACT Occupation List, you may still be eligible to apply for ACT nomination if you have close ties (job offer or family) in Canberra.
- If you do not have a genuine job offer, you must research the ACT labour market and provide evidence that there are sufficient employment opportunities in your nominated occupation in Canberra.
- Your skills and work experience must be relevant to the nominated occupation and to the ACT economy.
- You must also have access to sufficient financial assets to fund your migration and settlement in Canberra while you seek employment.
- Tasmania Nomination Occupation List: https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2017L00850
- You must have received a formal job offer and it should be relevant to your nominated occupation
- You or any of your dependants must not have lived in another Australian state or territory within the last 12 months
- You need to be able to provide evidence of your employment claims
- Your employer must have been actively involved in business in Tasmania for the past 12 months before applying for visa
- There needs to be a genuine need for your position and the business must have the capacity to sustain nominated occupation
- Northern Territory Nomination Occupation List http://www.australiasnorthernterritory.com.au/migrate/migrate-to-work/northern-territory-government-visa-nomination/nt-migration-occupation-list
- For a number of occupations on N-T Migration Occupation List, you must provide evidence of an offer of employment in your nominated occupation or in a closely related skilled occupation
- You must have evidence of full-time employment in your nominated occupation for at least 12 months out of the last 24 months
- You must also demonstrate of living and working in the Northern Territory Evidence that you have done detailed research into living and working in the NT to show that you have a realistic knowledge of the NT including climate, relocation costs and living expenses.
- Victoria Nomination Occupation List
- Each occupation in Victoria nomination list has got separate English requirement, work experience and additional requirements
- One must have financial resources ranging from $30,000 to $80,000, depending on the number of additional applicants on your application
- Western Australian Nomination Occupation List: https://migration.wa.gov.au/services/skilled-migration-western-australia/occupation%20lists
- If you are nominating an ANZSCO Major Occupation Group 1 or Group 2 then you must have 7 in each band in IELTS while all other occupations require 6 in each band
- You must have a contract of full time employment for at least 12 months in WA in the nominated occupation
- Sufficient funds to cover your settlement costs.
New South Wales
- NSW has two steam
Stream One: Occupations on the NSW 190 Priority Occupation List
Stream Two: Very highly ranking candidates in eligible occupations
The highest ranking candidates in occupations on the NSW 190 Priority Skilled Occupation List will be invited first.
- No Experience is required for any occupation except cook. Cook occupation will require 2 years of experience.
- If you have 80 points including state nomination but your nominated occupation is not listed in NSW occupation list, then you might have high chances of getting an invitation under stream 2.
- Applicants with IT, Accounting and Engineering as their nominated occupation are required to have higher points to get invitation.
OccuSearch is now live! Download now and get information on your eligibility to migrate to Australia.