Are you falling short of meeting the points requirement for Australian Permanent Residency? If so, then the Professional Year Program serves the purpose of international students like you who have secured a Bachelor/Master degree.
Undoubtedly, you are granted 5 points after its completion. It applies to only those graduates who pursued studies in engineering, accountancy or Information Technology.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT PY
Professional Year Program in Australia is a work-based training. It helps students at the time of applying for Permanent Residency. It allows them to develop skills through work and study experience and help them to shape their careers in the Australian workforce. Department of Home Affairs only recognizes those PY programs approved by the government.
1. STRUCTURE OF PY
Its structure is designed in such a way wherein you can work and learn simultaneously. Tutors of an Australian company closely monitor the 44 to 52 weeks training. They ensure you get sufficient experience in the chosen area.
PY curriculum helps students gain sufficient work experience, thereby helping them for employment etc. Interestingly, individuals who graduated from an Australian institution or university can only register for it.
At the same time, the curriculum includes an industrial-based training lasting 12 weeks. Not only is it a government recognized one but also certified by the DIBP (Department of Immigration and Border Protection). In fact, it adds value to your resume. The program enhances employment opportunities in the country, thus helping score for the point test of GSM (General Skilled Migration).
2. VALIDITY & FEES
The usefulness of PY is aimed for migration purposes. The points are reflected in the General Skilled Migration Test criteria. For instance, you can claim them after its completion. Points are granted within four years of the commencement of the course date. Overall, the entire duration is described as Professional Year validity.
As far as Professional Year program fees are concerned, you will have to pay $11,500 with $200 charged as enrolment fee. You can pay in 3 instalments.
3. BENEFITS OF TRAINING
- It helps you to develop communication skills and gain skills in the Australian workplace.
- With the help of the internship, you can earn work experience in an Australian company.
- Claim extra 5 points on the DIBP ‘points test’ before applying for Australian skilled independent visa-subclass 189.
- It helps you to mention 5 points in the Permanent Residency application and add value to the resume.
- PY can also benefit you for getting a successful skill assessment in IT and accounting occupations.
- Boosts career opportunities of many international students in accounting, IT and Engineering fields.
- It is designed in a way wherein it keeps peers as well as industry experts in the loop.
4. ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
- Your age must be below 50 years
- Possess a graduate/master’s degree from an Australian University.
- It only applies if you secured a degree from engineering, accounting or computer science areas.
- It benefits you if you are a holder of temporary graduate visa-subclass 485. However, you should have ample time of one year before applying for it.
- Obtain 6 Band in each module of the English language test.
- Earn points toward your Permanent Residency application. Beforehand, you must complete the training course within four years. After that, you can get an invitation that helps you to apply for a PR visa.
Last but not least, it builds the careers of international students with work-based training. If you want further information on the different details, i.e. curriculum, skills and enrolment, feel free to consult our immigration consultants in Australia now!