Are you struggling to meet the criteria for Australia Permanent Residency? If you are a skilled professional, you should be aware of what is changing in 2019.
New visas are set to replace the existing ones this year.
Get a complete roundup of Australia PR facts
WHAT LED THE IMPACT FOR SKILLED PROFESSIONALS
Australia decided to invite the skilled youth keen to live and work in the Regional Area.
WHY NOT METROPOLITAN CITIES
Sydney, Melbourne, Perth and Brisbane topped the list earlier. Each of these metropolitan cities was the preferred work destination.
Every individual moved to these cities for better job opportunities and PR. But now, preference was more towards the 7 Regional Areas. These areas include--
* Northern Territory
* Western Australia
* South Australia
* New South Wales
FOCUS MORE TOWARDS REGIONAL AREASThese Areas were earlier deprived of the skilled workforce. To run their business establishments, the country administration decided to expand these areas. These include in creating jobs and offering individuals with PR. The other option was seeking high points for Immigration Australia.
WHAT THESE CHANGES ARETo be specific, it is more to do with the introduction of new visas.
Among visa types--
* Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa—subclass 491
* Skilled Employer-Sponsored Visa—subclass 494.
On the one hand, Subclass 491 will replace Skilled Regional Provisional Visa--subclass 489. Whereas on other, subclass 494 to replace RSMS visa—subclass 187 by November 16, 2019.
Besides, there are no changes in the existing Skilled Independent Visa—subclass 189. Individuals have been relying on it to live and work in the country for 5 years.
What The New Visas AboutThese visas are bound to take shape from the mid-month of November.
1. State or regional government will nominate you for Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa. It allows you to live, work for 5 years on Permanent Residency. Besides, it will enable you to stay in the designated area for 3 years. Meet the point criteria for skills assessment, and your age should not exceed 45 years.
2. Skilled Employer-Sponsored Visa allows you to seek employer-sponsorship. It is part of the Skilled Migrant Visa Australia. For the visa grant, you must ensure that you are competent in the English language. It allows you to work in the designated area for 3 years. The position for the job should exist for 5 years.
EVALUATION OF OTHER FACTORS
It is not about visas and occupation points alone. But, individual points also remain high on the agenda this year. Expect extra points from the designated government in the Regional Area. They help you to improve your scores.
If you are a single and skilled applicant, you can claim 10 points. Besides, you can claim points if you have a partner who is competent in the English language.
HOW TO CLAIM EXTRA POINTS
There is more emphasis for a majority of occupations. These occupations comprise
* Regional Occupation List
* MLTSSL (Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List)
* STSOL (Short-Term Skilled Occupation List).
Every skilled professional prefers to live, work and seek Australia Permanent Residency . But, you have to search for the right occupation.
Similarly, you can also claim 5 points each if you underwent a PY (Professional Year) program or NAATI CCL test.
Unlike previous years, the points this year have risen. The government increased the immigration cap for accountants, engineers and IT professionals. For invitation purposes, you should secure 90-95 points if you are an accountant. Engineers and IT professionals have to secure 85 points and 80 points.
Points covering skills assessment and different occupations are essential. It is for the visa applicant to wait for implementation of new changes in November this year. For any query, seek guidance from our immigration agent in Australia for visa and immigration procedures.