Finding the very first job is usually difficult for any IT graduate.
However, for international students it becomes more challenging due to the fact that they don’t have permanent residency nor they are taught key employability skills at university.
This is why; Australian Computer Society (ACS) developed Professional Year Program for international IT graduates that provide them with practical skills and training to enhance their career prospects. Currently, the program offers training in three major fields- Accounting, Engineering and IT to overseas graduates.
This main purpose of this program is to provide the Australian workforce with skilled professionals consistently. Professional bodies run this program in approved institutes by the Department of Home Affairs.
Professional Year Programs for IT are 44 weeks long and comprises of soft kills training and an ICT internship placement that provide students gateway from study to employment in Australia.
Eligibility Requirements for Professional Year Program
To apply for Professional Year Program:
- You must completed an undergraduate or postgraduate course in Australia in the fields of Information Technology, Accounting or Engineering
- Hold either Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485), bridging visa with full work study rights, or Skilled – Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476).
- Provide a valid skills assessment from a relevant professional institution
- Have evidence of English language proficiency (IELTS band score 6 or equivalent)
Benefits of Undertaking this Program
- You will get detailed insights about the employment market and relevant industry
- You will get the opportunity to build a strong network with professionals
- You can enhance your interview-facing, communications and business writing skills
- You can get full-time employment within four months of graduating
- Earn 5 migration points to support your Permanent Residency Application
Why You Need Education Consultants for Professional Year Program?
The employment market of Australia is growing insanely due to the shortage of skilled work-force in different fields. To ensure a good career, it is of paramount importance to pick courses that fulfils the demands of the market. A qualified education consultant not only possess knowledge about the universities and the employment market but also holds a vast experience in offering courses that come under SOL (Skilled Occupation List) and CSOL (Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List) of Australia.
Get in touch with the PY Experts of Aussizz Group to kick-start a career in Australia.
Melbourne: (03) 9900 7222, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney: (02) 9152 8500, Email: email@example.com
Perth: (08) 6220 3770, Fax: +61-8-6558-0340 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org