With the reopening of the Parents and Grandparents Program this year, the permanent residents and citizens of Canada are in for a great news! Soon enough, they will be able to make an application to bring their parents and grandparents to Canada.
It was in 2017 that IRCC came up with the idea for people to sponsor their grandparents and parents, under a new process, that is both fair and transparent. The potential sponsors would only have to fill an ‘Interest to Sponsor’ form, submit it to the IRCC, and wait for its formal invitation to further apply to sponsor. This form is important, in order to filter out people who might not fit-in in the eligibility criteria set by the authorities. Only those who meet the sponsorship requirements, are supposed to fill this ‘Interest to Sponsor’ form. To make the process even more streamlined, a few questions have been added to the newest version of this form. This way, people are being encouraged to self-assess whether they hold the eligibility to sponsor, or not.
Applicants who aren’t able to meet the minimum financial requirements for sponsorship, can still take the path of Super Visa Canada. The parent or grandparent in this case, can only apply if their child or grandchild is a permanent resident or a citizen of Canada.
Another feature of this application, as per the immigration officers, is the ‘intention to return’ to Canada. This is what an officer is supposed to look at:
- the reason for your visit,
- the ties you have with your home country,
- How stable is your home country, politically as well as economically,
- your family as well as finances, and
- finally, an invite from a Canadian host.
You would also have to:
- submit a written affidavit/statement clearly stating that your child will provide you with financial support,
- provide proof that your child does meet the threshold for minimum income,
- get an immigration medical exam, and
- show that you have a valid medical insurance coverage for Canada, that would last at least a year.
Mr. Ahmed Hussen, the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship stated in his earlier speech, that family reunification is the top priority for the government right now. In keeping with that statement, the government's commitment towards keeping families together, can be clearly seen through this initiative.
Are you looking for any further information with regards to getting Canada visa for parents or grandparents? If yes, then you can have a consultation scheduled with one of the Canada migration agents and immigration agents, at Aussizz Group, today!