Willing to develop skills or abilities to improve your academic or professional career?
Want a practical approach to maximise the potential in your current occupation?
Australia is calling you!
Apply for the Training Visa (Subclass 407) and get an opportunity to be competent enough and workplace ready!
A training visa allows you to visit Australia on a temporary basis and participate in an occupational training or professional development.
You can participate in either of the following types of occupational training under
1. Workplace-based training to acquire registration or licensing:This training covers the people who require obtaining registration, membership or licensing to start an occupation in their home country or in Australia.
2. Structured Workplace-based training to improve skills:This training covers the people who are nominated by approved temporary activities sponsor in Australia for an occupation specified in the list
of eligible skilled occupations but require undergoing structured workplace-based training to improve skills for that occupation.
3. Training that sharpens the skills or enhance competency:This type of training is divided into three categories:
- This category belongs to the students who are enrolled in a foreign educational institution and in need of completing a period of practical training, research or observation
to get their degree or qualification. Applying for training visa under this category provides an opportunity
- This category belongs to the people who have the support of a government agency of their home country or Australia to get a structured workplace-based occupational training.
- This category belongs to the overseas employers who want their employees undergo a tailored professional development program for their organisation’s growth.
Note:On 19 th April, 2017, the SOL (Skilled Occupation List) was replaced by the STSOL (Short Term Skilled Occupation List. Currently, there is no separate list for STSOL but a combined list of eligible
skilled occupations. This list is due to be revised on July 1 st , 2017 and will be updated every six months.
The training visa allows you to:
- Apply for the visa both onshore and offshore
- Live in Australia for up to 2 years and complete the training specified in your application
- Leave and re-enter Australia frequently till the visa is valid
- Bring eligible family members to accompany you in Australia
To be eligible for this visa, applicants must:
- be at least 18 years of age (unless you are exempt)
- be sponsored by an approved sponsor whether to participate in professional development program or occupational training
- be nominated for an approved occupation by the Australian organisation if it is not a Commonwealth agency.
- be invited to apply for the visa if the sponsor is a Commonwealth agency
- get occupational training directly by the sponsor unless any exemption applies
- lodge an application before 18 th May 2017 for existing sponsorship by an
approved training and research and professional development sponsor
- only participate in the occupational training that meets the criteria for one of the nomination
- be proficient in functional English to acquire training and meet occupational health and safety standards
- have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily
- meet health and character requirements
- have sufficient financial backup and arrangements for health insurance for yourself
and accompanying family members for the duration of stay in Australia
- meet all other requirements specified for your training program
Those sponsoring someone on 407 visa must:
- be either an organisation operating lawfully in Australia, a government agency or a foreign government agency
- provide the occupational training directly unless an exemption applies
- have no unfavourable information identified about you or any other person associated with you unless it is reasoned for the Immigration Department to ignore
- have the ability to comply with all the sponsorship obligations
To nominate someone on 407 visa:
- You must be an approved temporary activity sponsor or
- You have lodged an application to become an approved temporary activity sponsor
The nomination will not be considered unless the sponsorship is approved.
If you applied and got the approval of becoming an approved training and research or
professional development sponsor before 19 November 2016, you can use this approval to
nominate an applicant on Training visa (subclass 407) until 18 th May 2017 or till the
time the sponsorship is valid.
You can include following family members in your visa application:
- Partner (Married or de facto)
- Your or your partner’s dependent child (up to 23 years of age)
You must have an evidence to support a claimed family relationship. You must also have a written statement including an approval from your sponsor to sponsor your family members.
You must provide evidence of your financial capacity to support yourself and accompanying family members for the duration of stay in Australia.
You and all the dependent family members are required to:
- Undergo medical examinations within 12 months of lodging a visa application
- Obtain police clearance from each country (you and family members) have lived in for 12 months or more in the past 10 years
You and dependent family members are required to be covered by the Australia's national health scheme (Medicare) unless your country has a reciprocal health agreement in Australia.
The health insurer can either be in Australia or your home
You must be free from any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before the visa is granted.
To get more information on 407 visa or determine whether you meet the requirements for the approval of visa, feel free to get in touch with us for a thorough assessment by our group of registered migration consultants.