The short stay activity 400 is a temporary visa that allows living in Australia for up to 3 months to those participating,
- For a short-term work which is highly specialised and not-ongoing
- In an activity or work associated with the interests of Australia for limited circumstances
The applicant must be outside at the time of lodging an application and when the visa is granted.
Benefits of the Visa
- You can stay in Australia for up to 3 months and extend your stay up to 6 months in certain circumstances. Your stay period begins on the day you first enter Australia.
- You can bring eligible family members to Australia (**Family members are not allowed to work in Australia on 400 visa)
- You can visit Australia frequently (if granted a multiple entry visa)
To be eligible for this visa, you must:
- Only participate in a work or activity that is highly specialised, short-term and not ongoing
- Have traits or a relevant employment background for the work or activity you are participating
- Have adequate financial support to support yourself and accompanying members for the duration of stay
- Have provision of the organisation that invited you to work in Australia
- Meet health and character requirements
Restrictions to be Implements on Work & Activity
You must finish your work or activity within 6 six months or less
- You must not have any intensions to stay in Australia once the visa gets expired
- You must not undertake any training (including workplace based) or education course on this visa
- You must not be working in the entertainment industry (i.e. you cannot perform as an entertainer or support a group of entertainers working in Australia. Neither you can direct or produce something with a purpose to broadcast or perform it in Australia. However, 400 visa does allow you to attend a red carpet premiere and promote a rock band in Australia with no performances.)
- You must not change your designation throughout your stay on this visa
You must provide evidence of your financial capacity to support yourself and your family members for the duration of stay in Australia. This includes:
- Employment Contract
- Bank Statements/Letter from a financial institution
- Accommodation and other allowances from the employer in Australia
Health & Character Requirements
You and all the family members included in the application must have:
- Undergone medical examination within 12 months of lodging a visa to fulfil the health requirements
- Police Certificates from each country lived for 12 months in the past 10 years (after you turned 16 years of age) to fulfil the character requirements
Unless your home country has a reciprocal health agreement with Australia, you are required to be covered by the Australia’s national scheme (Medicare) to cover all your health costs for the duration of your visa.
Debts to the Australian Government
You must not have any or arranged to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian government before the visa is granted.
DISCLAIMER: The information provided here is only for general understanding and does not constitute legal advice. We recommend consulting a Registered Migration agent for further information or check with Department of Home Affairs at: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/400-.