Are you an international worker qualified with the most in-demand skills specific to the Australian economy?
Do you aim to get permanent residency in Australia?
Apply for Skilled Independent Visa and get the opportunity to Work and be a Permanent Resident of this beautiful country!
Why Skilled Independent Visa?
The Skilled Independent (Subclass 189) is a point-based visa designed to select a certain set of overseas skilled people required in different states of Australia.
It allows skilled workers to move and live in Australia without the need of having a sponsorship of a family member or nomination by the state or territory government.
Benefits of Having a Skilled Independent Visa
- Live, study or work in Australia for an indefinite period
- Enrol in Medicare
- Get eligible for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency
- Leave and re-enter Australia for five years from the date the visa is granted
Things to do before applying for the Visa
You are required to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) and score at least 60 points in it, to get an invitation from the immigration department for applying the visa.
The points in EOI are awarded on different factors including:
- Basic information
- Education Qualification
- Work Experience
- Nominated Occupation
- Level of English proficiency
- Evidence of Skill Assessment related to your nominated occupation
**Note: If you have completed a degree, diploma or trade qualification at an Australian educational institution, you can also be eligible for extra five points towards your EOI. However, there is certain criteria that must be met to claim those 5 points.
General Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for this visa, you must:
- Have an age less than 50 years
- Nominate an occupation from Short Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL)
- Be Proficient in at least competent English
- Have your skills assessed by the relevant assessing authority
- Achieve the score specified in your visa application
- Meet the health and character requirements
Health & Character Requirements
You and all the family members are required to:
- Apply for the visa within 12 months of undergoing medical examinations
- Police certificates from each country you lived in for 12 months in the last ten years (after you turned 16 years of age)
Debts to the Australian Government
You should be free from any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before the visa is granted.
Eligible Family Members
When lodging a visa application, you can include following family members in your visa application:
- Your Partner or spouse
- Your or your partner’s child/step child
Overwhelmed with the visa requirements or have concerns regarding Expression of Interest? Don’t worry as we have got your back! Get in touch with our team of
and be sure of getting everything in place.