Parent Visa

At Aussizz, we place a lot of focus on the Parent Visa because the annual number of immigrants who are granted this visa is predetermined. This visa is typically granted to parents whose children have made Australia their permanent home. Such immigrants are sponsored by an Australian resident kid. Due to the limited number of immigrants allowed entry into this country by this form of visa, there is constantly a rush from across the world.

Enquire Now

Essential Requirements for Application

To be eligible for an Australian Parent Visa, a parent must pass the ‘balance of family test’. The sponsors must be one of the following:

  • An Australian citizen;
  • A permanent resident of Australia;
  • An eligible New Zealand citizen.

Note that new permanent residents on a Parent Visa in Australia do not qualify for the age pension immediately. They must reside in Australia for ten years to become eligible for the Australian Age Pension.

Parent Visa Holder Benefits

Australian parent visa holders are granted the right to settle permanently in Australia. As permanent residents, they can live and work in Australia, and they are eligible for health care and social security benefits.

Types of Australian Parent Visas

Australian immigration offers different Parent Visas for applicants inside and outside Australia.

  • Aged Parent Visa: Subclass 804 (onshore)
    This permanent residency visa allows aged parents with children who are Australian citizens or permanent residents, or eligible New Zealand citizens, to live in Australia permanently.
  • Contributory Aged Parent Visa: Subclass 884 (Temporary: onshore)
    This temporary visa, valid for two years, is for parents of Australian permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizens. It can be converted to permanent residency after two years.
  • Contributory Aged Parent Visa: Subclass 864 (onshore)
    This visa is for aged parents and is processed faster and at a higher cost than other visas, providing a quicker route to permanent residency.
  • Contributory Parent Migrant Visa: Subclass 173 to 143
    This pathway allows holders of the temporary Contributory Parent Visa subclass 173 to apply for a permanent Contributory Parent Migrant Visa subclass 143.

For parents outside Australia, the Immigration Department offers: Parent Migration Visa: Subclass 103; Contributory Parent Temporary Visa: Subclass 173; and Contributory Parent Migration Visa: Subclass 143.

Aussizz meticulously reviews each Parent Visa application to ensure smooth processing.

Contact us for assistance with parent visas. We are committed to providing the best support!

Visa Subclass

The Parent 103 visa allows those parents to live in Australia permanently whose child is already settled in Australia as an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

Read More

he Contributory Parent visa (subclass 173 and 143) visa allows parents to live in Australia if their child is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.

Read More