The Skilled Nominated is a permanent resident visa that allows overseas skilled workers, to live and work in Australia who are nominated by the state or government agency and meet the migration point test.
Benefits of Skilled Nominated Visa
The visa allows you to:
- Study, Work and Live in Australia permanently without any restrictions
- Get healthcare coverage from Medicare
- Apply for Australian citizenship
- Be a sponsor of eligible family members or relatives for permanent residency
- Visit Australia frequently for five years from the date visa is granted
How to get started?
You are required to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect and be invited to lodge an application for the visa.
EOI is basically a ‘Point test’, in which you have to score at least 60 points.
By submitting an EOI, you are giving a demonstration to the Immigration Department on why you should be considered for this visa.
Following are some of the major factors on the basis of which 60 points are awarded to make you eligible for this visa:
- Education qualifications
- English language ability
- Work experience
- Nominated occupations, Skill Assessment Details
Other factors include: credentialed community language, study in regional Australia, Partner skills,Professional year in Australia
To receive an approval for this visa, you must have:
- Age less than 50 years
- Nominate an occupation on the current Short-Term Skilled Occupation List
- Nomination by an Australian state or territory government agency
- Skills Assessed by the appropriate Australian skills assessing authority
- At least Competent English
- Fulfilled the Health and Characters
- Achieved the score stated in your letter of invitation
While the health requirements vary depending on different cases, some of the common examinations one requires undergoing are intended activities in Australia, country of citizenship and time spent in all the countries for the span of last five years.
This requirement applies not only to the visa holder but family members as well who are listed in the application, no matter they are migrating or not.
All the results obtained from health examinations hold a validity of 12 months.
You must have police certificates from each country you lived in for 12 months in the last ten years (after you turned 16 years of age)
Debts to the Australian Government
You should be free from any outstanding debts to the Australian Government before the visa is granted.
Evidence of English Language Ability
You must have achieved minimum scores in either of the following tests to show as an evidence of your competent English.
- At least 50 in each of four test components in Pearson Test of English (PTE)
At least 6 in each of four test components in International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Or Equivalent Score in TOFEL iBT, OET & CAE
Family Members in the Application
The family members you can include in your visa application are:
- Your Husband/Wife
- Your or your Partner’s Child or step child
You must keep documentary evidence handy to prove your relationship with them.
Want to know more about the likelihood of getting an invitation from immigration Dept. or require assistance with the application, get in touch with Aussizz Group to book the consultation today!