Australia inevitably is the world’s popular study destination for international students. Eager to study in the capital cities of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth? Aware of Regional Australia, another preferred hub for international students?
The distance from capital cities to certain advanced cities of Regional Australia like Tasmania, Adelaide, Ballarat, Darwin, Rock Hampton, Townsville, and other cities is considerably less. Migrate to Australia from Dubai with several institutions in advanced cities providing you with an opportunity to pursue studies in your chosen field, and then a career.
Benefits of studying in a regional university are listed as follows –
- In comparison to central cities, the cost of living in the regional areas is low
- Every regional city provides a relaxed lifestyle, away from the hustle and bustle of a large city
- Top ranking university campuses are scattered across regional cities
- Some institutions, on the other hand, provide the best courses for PR. These include winemaking, marine biology medical, tropical studies and dental science. Also, students avail job training benefits
- The regional cities bring a sense of belongingness among student community where they meet and interact with people
- Real Australia can be felt owing to its natural environment
- The competition is less, as far as part-time jobs in regional cities are concerned
- Part-timers can expect higher minimum wages
- Enhance migration opportunities by gaining 5 extra points towards PR
- Due to less competition, there are better chances of employment after your studies
To study in the Regional area, apply in any of these top regional universities –
- Tasmania University
- Deakin University
- University of Ballarat
- Central Queensland University
- Flinders University
- Charles Darwin University
- James Cook University
- Southern Cross University
- Federation University
- University of New England
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of South Australia
- University of Adelaide
Several other Australian institutions and campuses lie in regional areas.
Last year alone, over 700,000 students enrolled in Australia with less than 4% moving to regional cities. Compared to 2017, the percentage of overseas students enrolling in regional universities has increased.
For General Skilled Migration (GSM) purposes, students may claim points for Regional Australia. These are part of the points test in case they lived in one or more of these areas and studied full time in any campus located in regional Australia/metropolitan area before lodging their migration application or applying for state sponsorship. Though GSM is the country’s skilled visa program, you can seek several benefits on its different visas, rules and procedures and ways and means by which you file your application on time from our immigration consultants and educational experts in Dubai.