The validity of your Australian student visa ends anytime. Few months remain, and you cannot understand how to proceed. Other questions that come to your mind are Can I build a career? How to get an extension?
There is nothing to worry if you are an international student who completed a degree program from the education institution in Australia. The degree program of 2 years was useful. But now to gain work experience, you can apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa in Australia. You are not the only one.
But like you, 90,000 international students applied for 485 Visa in 2019. The good news about the visa is that it allows you to work for two years or four years, depending on the type of work and duration.
About Subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa
Initially, every skilled professional can hold a single temporary visa as a primary applicant. There are two visa streams, i.e. Graduate Work Stream and Post Study Work Stream. If you are on a Graduate Stream, the validity of your work and study visa in Australia is for one and a half year, whereas it is four years on a post-study workstream.
485 Graduate Visa in Detail
485 Graduate Visa is for every international graduate who completed his two years of study from an institution in Australia. You can hold only one temporary visa as you are a primary applicant. The 485 Visa has two streams.
Graduate Work Stream
Work and study visa under this stream is for one and a half year and meant to those students who completed two years of study in the country.
Among the other details are:
- Occupation of every student should be part of Medium and Long Term Strategic Skill List (MLTSSL)
- They should possess relevant skill assessment in the particular occupation
Post-Study Work Stream
The stream that is valid for four years applies only to those students who possess.
- Australian student visa
- Graduate, postgraduate or PhD degree from the country's education provides that is irrespective of their study field
What are Temporary Graduate Visa benefits?
Be clear in your objective if you want to possess a subclass 485 Temporary Graduate Visa. Listed below are some benefits.
- As a student, you can include immediate family members in your visa application
- Subclass 485 provides you and family members the right to work, live and study alongside the freedom to move to and fro Australia till the visa duration
To be eligible for the visa, you need to fulfil specific criteria. The criteria underlined with the following requirements are.
- You should be within 50 years of age
- You have to be in the country particularly when you are lodging the Graduate visa application
- Meet the study requirements of Australia
- Apply for the visa within a half year after receiving result
- Meet Graduate or Post Graduate stream requirements
- Possess health insurance cover till the time you reside in Australia
- Be competent in the English language
Clear All Outstanding Debts
To be eligible for the visa, you must clear all outstanding debts. These debts are essential at the time of your visa grant. Besides, you can meet the study requirement if your present course.
- Part of CRICOS (Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students)
- The course has to include a minimum of three months or for 16 months. If the course is in the English language
- On an Australian student visa
Subclass 485 Character and Health Requirements
- You mentioned your family members in your visa application. Along with you, your family members can also undergo specific medical examinations. This way, it helps them to fulfil health criteria.
- If you want to meet character requirements, you need to show written confirmation proof of applying to a Federal Police check of Australia. It helps you before lodging a visa application.
Health insurance criteria
- A proper insurance plan can protect you and your family members till the duration of your visa
- A health insurer can be in the country or outside the country
- Before lodging the visa application, a proper insurance plan is essential to protect you. Your OSHC (Overseas Student Health Cover) plan for a student visa can be valid at the time of lodging a subclass 485 visa
In a nutshell, Temporary Graduate Visa-subclass 485 benefits not only a visa applicant himself but even his immediate family members. To know more about the visa and other requirements, consult our Education Consultants in Australia today.