Take care of the elderly! Bring them with you on Australian Parent Visa

You wish your parents come and stay with you in the land of kangaroos. It has been years since you have not met and now want to bring them. One of the Australian visas that benefits all those eager to bring elderly is Parent Visa. To a large extent, they must follow specific criteria.

What are the criteria for Parent visa to Australia?

On a permanent visa, your parent can stay with you. It serves as an option for those who want to migrate to Australia. Before proceeding further, the elderly need to follow the criteria listed below:
1. Your child has to be a PR holder/citizen
It can help them if their child is a Permanent Resident holder or citizen. The child could sponsor them only if he/she lived in the country for two years.
2. Meet family balance test criteria
Every parent has to fulfil the balance of family test criteria. They must pass the test. If half of their children, as well as stepchildren, are PR holders or citizens, they can be eligible for the Australian Parent Visa.
3. Health and Character
Parents must meet health and character criteria. They need to get a health check-up that includes an x-ray, HIV test and medical assessment. The same applies to those applicants who are applying for non-contributory parent visas. Parents under this visa are required to follow a health assessment before the non-contributory parent visa grant.

What is the visa criteria of Contributory Aged Parent?

If the elderly individual is over 65 years of age, he can be eligible for a contributory aged parent visa. He can be the principal visa applicant. But, if he is less than 65, he can apply as a secondary applicant.

What are the different visa options?

On a broad scale, several visa options lead to Australian PR. If you want to apply as an onshore applicant, there is no need for any bridging visa. Some of the essential visas are:

  • Parent Visa-subclass 103
  • Contributory Parent Visa (Permanent)-subclass 143
  • Contributory Parent Visa (Permanent)-subclass 143 from Contributory Temporary Parent Visa-subclass 173
Whereas, you need a bridging visa for those visas if you are applying onshore. These include:

  • Aged Parent Visa-subclass 804
  • Australian Contributory Aged subclass 864 Parent Visa
  • Contributory Aged subclass 864 Parent Visa from Contributory Aged subclass 884 Parent Visa (Temporary)
Compared to contributory visas, non-contributory visas have longer processing times.

Applying for visitor visa Australia on behalf of parents

Due to mounting visa costs and more processing time, visa applicants apply for a Tourist visa for their parents. There is no need to meet the Balance of Family test if you are applying for a tourist visa.
Put it this way, a tourist visa to Australia is inexpensive. It allows the elderly to spend time with their children. Besides, some visitor visas have extended validity. On the contrary, you can apply online for certain visas. These short duration visas are inexpensive, and it is within one or two months, you get approval from the immigration authorities. On each visit, you are allowed to stay for 3 to 12 months, and it will enable you with multiple entries.

Besides, there are certain visas where you can apply from outside Australia. In case you have a child who is a PR holder or citizen, you can be eligible for a visitor visa for a longer duration.


Last but not least, reach out to migration agents answering all your queries entailing to Australia Parent visa one by one. Consult them for bridging visa, tourist visa and if you want you are searching for a temporary or permanent option for your parents.

Previous Post Next Post
Success Stories Straight from the Clients

We don't just brag that we "Deliver Excellence", but we really mean it! Our clients' testimonials are a perfect testament to this fact.
The number has now exceeded to 3912 Check out few of them here!

Welcome to Aussizz Group
Please Enter Name Please enter your first and last name separated by a space (e.g. Jane Miller) Please Enter email Please enter Proper Email Please Enter Phone Please enter Proper Phone Please Select Branch
Please Select Service
Select Services
Please Enter Nationality