The Global Talent Independent Program has been designed to attract exceptional global professionals to work in seven future-facing growth sectors. GTI offers a streamlined pathway for such individuals to work and stay in Australia permanently.
The program aims to attract people who are at the pinnacle of their fields in growth industries the world over. These professionals can benefit from Australia’s business-friendly regulations, open opportunities for innovation, and also its reputation as a much-sought-after lifestyle destination.
The goal of the GTI is to grow Australia’s tech and innovation industry, thereby creating more employment avenues for Australians gradually. The government has a long-term vision of skill transfer, boosting innovation and job creation.
Under Global Talent Program Australia, 15,000 positions are available in the current financial year 2020-21.
To qualify for the Global Talent visa Program, applicants must possess exceptional skills in one of the following seven target sectors:
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- AgTech (Agriculture Technology)
- Energy and Mining Technology
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT
- FinTech (Financial Technology)
- MedTec (Medical Technology)
- Cyber Security
- Be able to Demonstrate the internationally recognised exceptional achievements in their area of expertise.
- Be able to demonstrate current expertise in their domain.
- Be able to demonstrate that they would be an asset to an Australian community.
- Be able to demonstrate their ability to find suitable employment in Australia in their field.
- Have a nominator who is either a recognised Australian organisation in the same field or a recognised Australian (An Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident) individual who has the expertise in the same field.
Income and/or Qualifications Criteria
Must be able to meet at least one of following
- Have an offer of Employment with High-Income Threshold of $153600 per annum OR
- Have current employment with High-Income Threshold of $153600 per annum OR
- Have recently graduated with Master Degree or PhD in one of the target sectors as a High Performing student
Applicants have to display a remarkable history of professional accomplishment. Examples may include patents, senior roles, professional awards, membership in professional bodies, research and thesis publications and any other publications and associations.
Spots are also open for students (Masters and PhD) who can illustrate their outstanding talent and global recognition across the sectors mentioned above.
As mentioned above, applicants must be nominated by an eligible individual or organisation with a reputation in the same field.
The nominator-an Australian citizen, PR, or eligible NZ citizen, or an Australian organisation-should endorse the applicant for their achievements and international standing. Further, the nomination should be able to explain how the applicant will prove to be an asset to the Australian community. It has to be established how the applicant will be able to find employment and become established in Australia.
The nominator does not need to employ the applicant.
Step 1: Submit Expression of Interest
To apply for Global Talent Program, follow the first step and submit an EOI. This can be submitted using the Global Talent contact form. Eligible applicants should gather the required documents to demonstrate the eligibility mentioned above and submit the expression of interest.
Step 2: Apply for the Visa
Successful applicants who can demonstrate their eligibility can then receive a unique identifier which can be used to apply for the Subclass 858 visa.
As a part of Subclass 858 visa application, all applicants need to satisfy Health and Character requirements.
Once the application is assessed, and all the requirements have been satisfied, the department shall finalise the application.
If granted the subclass 858 visa, the applicant can live and work in Australia permanently.
When granted, with this Visa, an applicant can:
- Live in Australia permanently
- Work and study in Australia
- Benefit from Australia’s public healthcare scheme
- Sponsor relatives to Australia
- Travel to and from Australia for 5 years
- Apply for Australian citizenship (if eligible)
GTI visa Processing Time may vary from case to case. They depend on several individual factors like:
- A filled application with all the required documents
- The time it takes the applicant to respond to requests for more information
- The time it takes to carry out checks
- The time it takes to get additional data from third parties (for health, character and national security)
- Number of places available in the program
Applicants can include members of their family unit in their application any time before a final decision is made on their application. If the applicant is below the age of 18, he/she can include a parent and members of that particular parent’s family unit. Of course, the family members being added in the application have to fulfil the health and character requirements.
Family members who apply for the Visa must meet our health and character requirements.
Do you want to apply for a visa under the GTI program? Take the help of qualified Australia Immigration Agents, complete all documentation, and submit a robust application with us.