Partner (Provisional and Migrant Visa) (Subclass 309/100)

The Partner (Provisional and Migrant visa) (subclass 309 and 100) is designed for individuals who are the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen. It allows them to reside in Australia.

The subclass 309 visa is temporary and is issued first. It permits the holder to live in Australia for two years. During this period, the holder can apply for the subclass 100 visa, which is a permanent residency visa.

Enquire Now

Eligibility Requirements

For Partner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 309)

  • You must apply and receive the visa decision while outside of Australia.
  • You must be the spouse or de facto partner of an Australian citizen, a permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • You must be 18 years or older at the time of applying for this visa.
  • If your partner is under 18, you need a sponsor who can be the partner’s parent or guardian and must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen.
  • You must meet health and character standards.
  • You must clear any outstanding debts to the Australian government before the visa is granted.

For Partner (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 100)

  • You must already hold a temporary partner visa (subclass 309).
  • You must continue to be married or in a de facto relationship, except under special circumstances.
  • You must have complied with all Australian laws and the conditions of your temporary 309 visa.


Health and Character Requirements

Applicants and their family members must meet the following requirements:

  • Complete health examinations within 12 months prior to applying for the visa
  • Obtain police clearance certificates from any country where you have resided for 12 months or more during the last ten years


Responsibilities of Sponsors

Sponsors are required to provide the following for two years after the visa holder arrives in Australia under the temporary migrant 309 visa:

  • Housing
  • Financial support, including English language training if needed
  • Additional support such as child care if needed


Family Members in Visa Application

Children or stepchildren can be included in your visa application:

Visa Class

As the name suggests, this is a visa for married partners (i.e. opposite-sex spouses) and de facto partners (including those in a same-sex relationship) of Australian citizens, Australian permanent residents and eligible New Zealand citizens to enter and remain permanently in Australia. We at Aussizz take care of procuring this visa for you through a thorough assessment, consultation and accurate visa application process.

Read More