Student Guardian Visa (subclass 590)

The Student Guardian Visa (590) enables the applicant to remain in Australia in the role of guardian for a student who is under the age of eighteen. The guardian has the opportunity to stay for the same amount of time as the student with this visa. Additionally, it offers the chance to study for up to 20 hours a week for three weeks in any other course or an English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS).

Enquire Now

Essential Requirements for Student Guardian Visa (590)

  • Basic Requirement: To apply for a student guardian visa, you must be a parent or a relative over 21 years nominated by the parent in writing. You cannot bring family members younger than 6 years unless under specific circumstances.
  • Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) Requirement: When evaluating your intention to stay in Australia as a guardian, you must provide evidence of your situation in your home country, potential circumstances in Australia, your immigration history, proof of property or other significant assets in your home country, and any other relevant information.
  • Access to Funds: The funds you show in your visa application must be available to support you and your family financially during your stay in Australia. Acceptable sources include scholarships, sponsorships, financial institutions, or government loans. The Department of Immigration will consider factors like the nature of your relationship with the person providing the funds, your income and employment, and your previous visa history.
  • Health Insurance: You must provide proof of sufficient health insurance for the duration of your stay in Australia.
  • Personality and Relationship Documents: Identity documents required include your birth certificate showing both parents’ names, pages of your current passport with photo, personal details, passport issue and expiry dates, two recent passport photographs, and proof of any name changes.


Additional Terms

  • The Student Guardian Visa does not permit the holder to bring family dependents along.
  • If you are acting as a guardian for more than one student in Australia, you must inform the department about which student’s visa you want to be associated with.
  • After obtaining the Student Guardian Visa, you cannot apply for another type of visa.
  • Employment is not allowed on this visa.
  • You must keep up your approved overseas visitor health cover.
  • Fines may be applied if you leave Australia without the student you are responsible for.


Find and purchase the best OVHC plan for your 590 Visa at


Why Choose Aussizz Group for Your Immigration Needs?

Aussizz Group is a certified firm specializing in immigration and education consultation. We offer streamlined visa services from your initial inquiry until you arrive in your destination country. We handle all legal aspects that might complicate the visa process if overlooked. Each application receives thorough attention to ensure our services are of the highest quality, making your immigration journey smooth.

Enhance your career with our affordable services and consult our experts today.


Visa Class

International students who are willing to study in Australia first need to apply for admission to an institution before applying for a student visa.

Read More