Study Pathways for Canada PR
July 13, 2021

Study Pathways to Canadian Permanent Residency

Consider the many Canadian Permanent Residency options before you. If you are an international student, you are curious to know the best immigration program. It helps you to work and settle in the country after your graduation. Before applying for the student visa, it is essential to decide if the course you intend to join helps avail PR benefits.

Besides, you should understand the number of study pathways and how they can build your future. There is no need for you to get confused but take the help of an immigration agent who provides information on the different PR options and the immigration points you require.

The expert also briefs about occupations and how to apply for a Permanent Residency visa based on different provinces. Broadly, let us explain how the study in Canada can benefit with the help of pathways.

Related Read: Study in Canada Assures a Promising Career

The Different Pathways for Canadian Permanent Residency are:

  • CEC (Canadian Experience Class):
    If you want to obtain a PR, you should apply for the CEC program operated through EE (Express Entry) system. The program is among the fastest ways to secure a Permanent Residency in Canada. Its eligibility factors include language proficiency, education level, age, etc.

    Besides, applicants have to prove that they have full-time skilled work experience of one year within the last 3 years or equivalent part-time experience. CEC becomes a viable immigration option if every international student obtains this kind of work experience.

    However, students have to remember that they cannot include work experience details if they undergo a full-time study program. After completion of graduation, students can be eligible for a work permit. The permit is a post-graduation one that allows them to gain work experience for the CEC program.

  • FSWP (Federal Skilled Worker Program):
    Part of the EE immigration system, FSWP (Federal Skilled Worker Program) is an option for student graduates. Unlike CEC applicable for graduates to have Canadian work experience, FSW has a liberal system. If graduates have overseas skilled work experience, they can apply for the Federal Skilled program.

    Being a merit-based program, FSW uses a points-based CRS (Comprehensive Ranking System) score to rank candidates. It invites those individuals who have competitive profiles by which they can apply for Permanent Residency. International students have to meet eligibility requirements and be competitive within the CRS system. FSW program is the right immigration to Canada pathway for those individuals wants to become a permanent resident.

    Applicants have to prove that they possess adequate work experience. All this is part of the eligibility criteria of the program. It can be continuous or full-time. However, the program is not for those students who do not have any work experience.

  • PNP (Provincial Nominee Programs):
    Several territories and provinces have immigration programs of their own. These are known as PNPs (Provincial Nominee Programs) designed to work differently. PNPs enable individuals to meet specific territory or province needs.

    PNPs give preferences to every applicant who has a connection to a particular province and has completed a previous study and gained work experience. They are eligible to apply for a Provincial Nominee Program.

  • Immigration Options of Quebec:
    Quebec province has an immigration system. Its procedures and requirements are far different from the other provinces in the country. The programs are an advantage for overseas students at the time of applying for Canada PR.

    Two of the Vital PR Programs are:
    • PEQ (Quebec Experience Program): Benefit from this program if you completed a study from the province or within six months of completion at Quebec institution. If you want to qualify for PEQ, you must demonstrate oral French.
    • QSW (Quebec Skilled Worker): QSW is an option for those international students who completed or those who will complete their graduation from Quebec institution. Unlike PEQ, Quebec Skilled Worker is not a mandatory requirement for those proficient in the French language. Candidates have to meet the minimum program score on the point assessment grid.

  • PQWPs (Post-Graduation Work Permits):
    The work permit is not a direct PR program. But, it allows every international student who graduated from DLI (designated learning institution) to remain in the country. But, you need to first complete work with a Canadian employer. The experience helps individuals qualify for PR, usually through CEC (Canadian Experience Class) or employer-driven PNP.
  • Secure PR through Canadian Experience Class:
    It takes 3-4 months to process PR applications through CEC (Canadian Experience Class). With the help of the EE (Express Entry) program, CEC helps you to become a permanent resident. As a provisional foreign employee, you can be a candidate for Canadian immigration through CEC.

    Once you meet the lowest CRS score, IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada) will send a PR invitation wherein you can apply. Those individuals who received CEC nominations gained extra 600 points to inclusive score. No proof of funds you have to show for applications under the CEC program.

Stay connected to Aussizz Group and speak to Canadian Education Consultants for PR pathways and visa procedures.

As Seen in Media

Featured Across

We are featured in almost every promianent media group for our customer-centric approach and solution-oriented services.