Australia Partner Visa: What to do if your relationship breaks down?

Did you suffer a relationship breakdown with your Australian partner? Awaiting a spouse visa grant before the incident occurred?

The break-up was not expected. It is a major cause of concern for you and also impacts the lives of several individuals. But, you have to realize what to do next?

  • You came to Australia on a Prospective Partner Visa—subclass 300
  • Subclass 300 visa allows partners to get married in the country
  • Your spouse, who is a Permanent Resident/citizen, felt you should be with him. For which, he sponsored you
But, things worsened despite both partners committed to one another. It was a breakdown in a relationship that dampened your spirits in Australia.

  • It was due to family violence
  • Both partners have a child born in Australia

Ensure to inform the Department of Home Affairs about the relationship breakdown. It will ask you to consider withdrawing the application.

If you fail to notify Department of Home Affairs that your relationship has ended, it can lead to a refusal of Partner Visa Australia.


On regular intervals, you face a series of questions such as—

Were you a visa applicant who was expecting a grant for a partner visa Australia? Weren’t you aspiring for permanent residency before de facto break up? Did you lodge the partner visa application, or is it pending?

To answer them, you have to act in a decisive manner. Changing relationship status is the next big step. This follows with the withdrawal of the spouse visa application in Australia. If you change the relationship status, the Department will allow you to stay in the country for 28 days. In this timeline, you have to meet the requirements of a different visa. If you don’t do it on time, you would have no other option but to leave the country.

Every individual faces complex issues. Handle every issue by providing a proper explanation. In fact, changing relationship status can enable you to overcome a break-up. It helps you to lead a secured life in Australia.


Last but not least, taking advice from a Registered Migration Agent helps. The expert provides guidance on visa hindrances. He will brief you on how to tackle them at the time of a relationship breakdown. Seek practical tips on how to approach Department of Home Affairs. In addition, he also offers customized solutions that help keep your troubles at bay! 
Previous Post Next Post
Success Stories Straight from the Clients

We don't just brag that we "Deliver Excellence", but we really mean it! Our clients' testimonials are a perfect testament to this fact.
The number has now exceeded to ‎885 Check out few of them here!

Welcome to Aussizz Group
Please Enter Name Please enter your first and last name separated by a space (e.g. Jane Miller) Please Enter email Please enter Proper Email Please Enter Phone Please enter Proper Phone Please Select Branch
Please Select Service
Select Services
Please Enter Nationality