Are you a skilled worker or business migrant looking to migrate to Australia?
Were you asked to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect and get invitation from immigration authority to apply for the visa?
More often, when it comes to submitting EOI, applicants get bombarded with lots of questions that only add up to stress and mistakes, which consequently result into rejection.
This is why, we have narrowed down a few of the common ones to help you proceed with ease and in a right manner. Take a look!
- What is Expression of Interest?
- What is invitation?
- How long does it take to get an invitation?
- Is there any validity time imposed on Invitation?
- What is point test?
- What is nomination?
- What is SkillSelect and how does it work?
- Can I submit EOI without clearing an English Language Test or Skill Assessment?
- If I want to update my EOI, can I do that and how?
- What if I committed a mistake in EOI?
- How much does it take to get your EOI approved?
- Does the total points needed to get an Australian PR gets updated even after filing an EOI?
- Can multiple EOI’s be submitted?
- Can I hire the services of a migration agent to submit my EOI?
- Can I get the reimbursement for the cost of skill assessment in case I don’t get the invitation to apply for the visa?
1. What is Expression of Interest?
Expression of Interest is basically a point-test where you need to demonstrate your interest of migrating to Australia if you are applying for any of the following visas:
- Business Talent visa (Subclass 132)
- Business Innovation Visa and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
- Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (Subclass 190)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (Subclass 489)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (Subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)
The answers you provide are reviewed by the employers as well as state and territory government to evaluate whether your skills meet Australia’s economic needs or not.
2. What is invitation?
An invitation is usually a permission given by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) to the applicants for lodging a visa application under the Skilled Migration Program for Australia.
3. How long does it take to get an invitation?
The processing times for invitations vary depending upon certain factors including number of application received at that particular time, types of occupation, point score, skills shortage level, etc.
4. Is there any validity time imposed on Invitation?
Yes, the validity period of invitation is 60 days. If you fail to submit petition within this duration, your EOI will be removed from the data bank.
5. What is point test?
The point test is designed to help Australia choose people who have the required skills and attributes to contribute in its economy. The number of points required depend on the visa you are applying for. Applicant is given points on number of things including:
- English Language proficiency
- Australian work experience
6. What is nomination?
A nomination generally demonstrates the following things:
- Your name
- Skills and experience required for the position
- Occupation is relevant to the position that requires to be filled
- Market salary for the position
- Location of the work
7. What is SkillSelect and how does it work?
SkillSelect is an online system introduced by the Australian government for skilled workers to be considered for a skilled migration visa. Applicants submitting information in SkillSelect are either nominated or invited by Australian employers or state and territory government to apply for the visa.
8. Can I submit EOI without clearing an English Language Test or Skill Assessment?
No, you need to have evidence of your language proficiency and skill assessment before you submit your EOI.
9. If I want to update my EOI, can I do that and how?
Yes, you can update your EOI in SkillSelect under any of the following circumstances:
- You want to change visa category
- You have changed your occupation or family composition
- You scored higher points (because of higher qualification, improved work experience, passing a higher level English test)
- Your points have reduced, in case your partner is longer able to undertake paid work in the nominated occupation or has reached 50 years of age.
You will be given with an updated estimate of your point score once you make all the changes in the SkillSelect.
Please note, you cannot make changes to your EOI after you have received invitation to apply for the visa.
10. What if I committed a mistake in EOI?
It is extremely crucial to provide accurate information in EOI by the time you are issued with an invitation. If the Department of immigration finds the information unreliable or inappropriate, your application will get rejected even if you have scored sufficient points.
11. How much does it take to get your EOI approved?
The time needed to approve an EOI majorly depend upon two factors including:
- Subclass you are applying to &
- Current demand of your profile in the country
It can be either be approved in less than two months or may get extended to one year.
12. Does the total points needed to get an Australian PR gets updated even after filing an EOI?
Yes, the total points to get an Australian PR gets updated after lodging an EOI. Some of the major factors responsible behind this are the occupation ceilings, number of applicants and the point score.
13. Can multiple EOI’s be submitted?
Any prospective applicant can submit one EOI to the program. A new EOI can be submitted if the old one is expired or the applicant has received a Letter of Advice of Apply and decided to dismiss the invitation.
14. Can I hire the services of a migration agent to submit my EOI?
Yes, one can hire the services of a registered migration agent to get assistance in submitting the EOI as such individuals are acquainted with the current laws, requirements or changes and legally authorised to provide advice on the Australian immigration.
15. Can I get the reimbursement for the cost of skill assessment in case I don’t get the invitation to apply for the visa?
Submitting an EOI does not guarantee an invitation to apply for the visa. Hence, one cannot expect reimbursement for any kind of costs arise in preparing an EOI.
Didn’t find the answer you are looking for? Why not post your query on Aussizz Group Forum and get solutions right away!
<< Previous Blog Next Blog >>