For people who show a keen interest in buying land in Alberta, in order to put it to use for development of farming and other practices, the Self-employed Farmers Stream was introduced in the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program. To get eligibility under this stream, not only the intentions of the candidates are put to test, but also their financial net worth is checked to be considerable enough to carry out the work.
You should be able to showcase your ability to actually run as well as manage a farm, through any previous endeavors of yours. This you will have to do by submitting
○ your prior income slips,
○ any previous training or qualification related to agriculture that you might have attained,
○ your business model or plan for this farm you want to have in Alberta, and
○ a clear proof that a Canadian financial institution is ready to cover that plan.
- You will have to submit proof of your ability to invest $500,000 into a primary production farming company in Alberta, through showing your net-worth and sufficient funds
- Your language proficiency should be high up to at least the minimum requirement; to prove that, you will have to submit your IELTS General Test scores or TEF scores for English and French, respectively.