Nova Scotia PNP Experience: Express Entry

This stream of immigration to the province gives an opportunity to individuals, looking to become permanent residents of Canada, who are extremely skilled, while have also worked for an employer based out of the province, for more than a year.

Enquire Now

Below is the list of requirements needed for an applicant to adhere to, if they wish to qualify under this stream:

  • Their age must be no less than 21, and no more than 55 years.
  • They should have at least a year of experience (or an equivalent amount of part-time experience), any time in the past three years, working full-time in the province, in an occupation that demands a high level of skill.
  • They should have been able to secure this job through the right authorization, as well as proper work permits.
  • Their graduation should have been from a university or high school of Canada, or a recognized institute abroad, in which case they’ll need an Educational Credential Assessment.
  • They should be able to listen, speak, write, as well read well in either French or English, having scored a CLB 5 for NOC B, and a CLB 7 for NOC 0.
  • They should be able to demonstrate that they do in fact intend to live in the province, while wanting to well establish themselves, economically, in the region.

These are the conditions, which if true, will render an individual’s application under this stream, disqualified:

  • If the individual is neither a legal resident, nor a citizen of the country they currently reside in.
  • If they plan on working in a job position that has an NOC level C or D.
  • If they are a refugee claimant, irrespective of whether they’re failed one or not, or an applicant with compassionate or a humanitarian ground to show.
  • If they are the common-law partner, spouse, parent, or grandparent of a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, who’s residing in the country.
  • If they have either been prohibited from living, or entering the country, or they are currently on a removal order, or are already living illegally in Canada.
  • If they’re living in the country of their present residence, illegally.
  • If they are an international student, who has enrolled themselves in a college or university of Canada.
  • If they have already graduated, but their education in Canada having been sponsored by an agency or government abroad, puts them under obligation to return home.
  • If they currently hold a work permit for an NOC level C or D.
  • If they’re the spouse of someone who’s an international student at one of the educational institutions in Canada, completing their post-secondary education, and not in their last year of study.
  • If they’re involved in any kind of custody dispute over a child, and if the dispute is still unresolved.
  • If they have a sales position at their job, but they only get paid in the form of commissions.
  • If their one year of full-time work experience was not based out of the province.
  • If they’ve been living under the Caregiver program.
  • If they intend to start their business in the province, or they’re self employed.
  • If they’re an investor for Nova Scotian business, but have a very limited involvement in the operation of the business on an everyday level – in other words, if they are a passive investor.