The General category in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program, lives up to its name, by being one of the broadest immigration streams. If there’s a foreign national who needs immigration on an approved skills position, this is the category they should look into. These positions should have been labelled NOC level 0, A, or B, by the Canadian Government.
Here is the set of requirements for an applicant to take care of, to ensure their eligibility under this OINP stream:
- The applicant must have at least two years of experience, any time within the previous five years, working in a similar position as they’ve been offered now in the province.
If the applicant applies for a regulated job in the province, they must show an appropriate registration in Ontario, to do so.
- Work experience will only count if it was a paid job, and only when its existence can be verified. An experience anywhere, in or outside of Canada, will count. But, if the experience within Canada wasn’t obtained under the right work authorization, it won’t count. Also, no volunteer you any other unpaid work will be held as a valid work experience.
- The applicant must have an offer of a job which is both permanent and full-time in nature, and the occupation should have an NOC level 0, A, or B, by an Ontarian employer.
- If, during the application process, they’re living in Canada, they must show they have a legal status to do so.
- One who seeks an asylum or is a refugee claimant, will not be eligible for the OINP.
- The applicant and their Ontarian employer will have to sign a Joint Verification. They'll also be required to submit a Pre-screen Position form.
Here is a list of requirements that the employer based in Ontario will need to fulfill:
- Their business should have been active since at least 3 years.
- The gross revenue earned by the business should be no less than $1,000,000, while having a minimum of 5 full-time working permanent employees, for companies based in Greater Toronto Area; if the company is outside this area, then the gross revenue should be $500,000, at the least, in addition to having three full-time employees working permanently for the company.
- The offered job must anywhere inside of the province of Ontario.
For the job to be qualified, it should cater the following conditions:
- This should be skilled position, and the job should have an NOC level 0, A, B.
- It should be a full-time and a permanent situation.
- It should not fail to meet the wage levels that prevail in the province of Ontario.
- There should be no labour dispute within the company and/or its employees that gets aggravated because of this offered position.
- It should not, in any way, endanger or in by any chance, adversely affect the training opportunities and employment chances of Canadian Citizens as well as permanent residents.
- The employer will also have an application to submit, which would first go through Opportunities Ontario, for their approval. This approval will have to be attained before, and remain valid till, the applicant gets a further approval.