The premium investor stream is followed by the nomination of Australian Trade and Investment Commission or Austrade on behalf of the Australian government only.
To be eligible for 188 visa under this stream, You must make a complying investment of at least AUD15 million in any of the following options:
- Australian government or semi-government bond or notes
- Australian proprietary limited companies
- Possess a high level of management skills to undertake a qualifying business activity
- Australian securities exchange listed assets
- State or territory approved philanthropic contribution
- Deferred annuities issued by Australian registered life companies
- Australian exchange listed entity issued corporate bonds or the investment grated rated bonds by an AFS licensed debt rating agency
- All the income earned from the complying investment in Australia must be subjected to tax under Australian taxation law
- You must have a genuine intention to continue business and investment activity in Australia after the validity of your 188 visa expires.
- You, your partner or both combined must have a combined net assets of at least AUD15 million that are lawfully acquired and available to use to make the complying investment in Australia
- You and your partner must not have found in unacceptable business or investment activities
- You and your partner along with the dependant family members (aged 18) must provide assurance of not bringing any action against the Commonwealth for any loss with reference to the complying investment