You can extend your stay for another two years under the significant investor stream. You can also apply for the extension stream twice and get the highest eight years of validity on your provisional visa.
To apply and be eligible for extension stream, you must:
- Hold a visa in the significant investor stream for at least 3 years or Not have held more than one visa in the significant investor stream
- Be nominated by a state or territory agency
- Be genuinely intended to live in the nominated state or territory
- Have maintained the complying investment or complying significant investment consistently in compliance with the investment framework
- You and all the dependant family members (aged 18 years or above) must sign Form 1412 that acknowledges of undertaking responsibility for financial and legal affairs and not incur any liability to the Australian government
- You must also ensure that the company was operating a qualifying business for the entire duration in case the period of direct involvement was less than 2 years. If that period is more than 2 years, you must ensure that the company possessed a qualifying business for at least 2 years.